- This event has passed.
5th Annual YAL Spiritual Retreat
February 16 - February 18
**REGISTRATION BEGINS: Monday, December 4th – 8pm ($95). Please read full event information below for all details!
You are invited to Saint Sophia YAL’s 5th Annual Young Adult Spiritual Retreat, taking place Fri-Sun, Feb 16-18, 2017 (President’s Day Wkd), in beautiful Lake Anna, VA! The purpose of the retreat is to bond as a community to advance YAL’s four-pronged mission of Worship, Witness, Service & Fellowship. Open to all metropolitan DC-area YAL members age 21 or older (No Exceptions). MUST LIVE IN DC AREA. More details below!
* House & Lake Anna Pictures (http://bit.ly/2jsXfHk).
* Cost covers housing for 1-2 overnights, planned retreat activities, five meals, snacks, beverages, linens and towels, and helps cover our minimum retreat house costs (a deal if you think about how much this would cost if we did this in DC!)
* Retreat will include faith-based educational activities with Fr. Dimitri, Bible Jeopardy, optional walk around Lake Anna neighborhood, five meals (incl. Saturday – Greek Dinner; Sunday: Full Breakfast), roasting marshmallows/s’mores lakeside at Fire Pit, possible Greek-themed movie, libations in the evening (Opa!), game rooms available in house, and vespers service on Sunday morning with all participants.
* NOTE: in observance of Lent, which formally begins Wed, Feb 14th, we will not be serving meat any time during the weekend. We will provide additional protein options. Thank you for your understanding.
* We will organize carpool rides and rendezvous points (a convenient metro stop) for those who need a ride as we get closer. Please let us know if you might be willing to drive some folks down. Always more fun with others and riders pitch in a little lefta to help with gas 🙂
(NOTE: There are only 30 spots available! First 24 are guaranteed a shared or bunk bed; the last six remaining spots will need to sleep on a house couch or you can bring an air mattress or sleeping bag. Like last year, this will be a first-come, first-served registration, meaning that only the first 30 people who register will have a guaranteed spot! If there is additional interest, we will use a wait-list).
(NOTE 2: All retreat participants must live in the metropolitan DC-area, or within 75 miles from the church, and must’ve attended two Saint Sophia YAL events in the last year. For those who do not live in the DC-area, we will establish a Wait-List. If there are still vacancies AFTER Jan 1st, we’ll contact folks on the Wait-List. Non DC-area folks should NOT register next week, but need to email StSophiaYAL@gmail.com instead before Jan 1st to be placed on Wait List. Thank you for your understanding as demand has been growing each and every year, and as we are a DC-area YAL chapter, we need to make sure DC-area YALers have first option for registration).
* If you decide you need to cancel your registration, below is our reimbursement policy – NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
-Over 30 days out – 100%
-30-15 days out – 50%
-14-1 day out – 0%
OPTIONAL FRIDAY OVERNIGHT:
* Like last year, Retreat participants may arrive on Friday night if you’d like to (no earlier than 6pm). This will be an optional evening for participants to arrive early, hang out Friday night, and stay an extra overnight. (NOTE: This is NOT mandatory, just optional)
IMPORTANT ADVISORIES (PLEASE READ ALL):
While this most certainly will be a fun retreat for all, it is important to remember that our goal is to bond personally and spiritually, bringing us together as a community to advance our four-pronged mission of Worship, Witness, Service & Fellowship. As we are all adults, we will expect that everyone act in accordance with these standards.
1.) All participants must be aged 21 or over (by the time of the retreat) and those who are not married or engaged, will be in same-gender room assignments.
2.) Since this is a rented house, we must ensure we take great care to not damage anything on-site. While we do not expect anything to happen, by submitting your deposit, you submit to full responsibility for any damage you specifically might’ve caused. If two or more participants are responsible, the cost will be split b/t them.
3.) While there are six bathrooms available in the house and linens, towels, toilet paper, and soap will be provided, you are responsible for bringing your own toiletries.
4.) Make sure to check out the Serenity Cove House website for further details about the AMAZING house and boat dock, amenities and games, especially the basketball court, pool table, poker table & chips, air hockey, etc! 🙂 See Lake Anna & House pictures at: http://bit.ly/2jsXfHk.
5.) Please review cancellation policy above. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS this year. If you decide to only stay one overnight, you will still need to pay the full registration price of $95.
6.) In the case of inclement weather, we will reschedule for sometime in the Spring. All registrants will have right of first refusal for the rescheduled date. For those who are not able to participate on the rescheduled date will be fully reimbursed.
* For any retreat-specific or payment questions, please email StSophiaYAL@gmail.com.
To guarantee your spot today, please submit your deposit ASAP starting on Mon, Dec 4th at 8pm! After the popularity of the last four years, we expect this to fill up quickly.
God Bless and Merry Christmas to you!
Your Saint Sophia YAL Board